What Are Honest Diapers?
The Honest Company is an American company founded by actress Jessica Alba.
Looking at their website bio, you’ll find it is choc-full of green and eco-conscious sentiment and they seem to be a brand that prides itself on being kind to the planet as well as free from any nasty chemicals for yourself and your baby.
They make a wide range of products, with their line ever-expanding, including clothing, diapers, baby and mama accessories along with cleaning products and beauty products.
Honest Diapers were introduced to the market as an eco-friendly diaper that contained no harmful ingredients and was a kinder alternative disposable diaper for the planet.
They are also marketed with a heap of other benefits to boot.
They are beautifully packaged, are capturing the attention of new parents and as a company, they have grown incredibly successfully.
However, this comes at a cost and these diapers are not particularly cheap. It can be so frustrating as a parent, trying out so many different brands and buying giant boxes of diapers only to find out they don’t deliver on their promises or they are not the right fit for your little one.
We’ve given you the low-down on these diapers, so hopefully, you can buy them with confidence, or see whether or not they are worth the hype.
Here’s a handy link to purchase Honest Diapers!
Honest Co. Diapers Review
According to multiple parents’ reviews and our own tried and tested procedures, this is what we’ve found out about Honest Diapers and how they stand against the masses of competition in the diaper industry.
- Absolutely beautiful design! They come in a range of stunning prints, which parents love
- Available in a huge range of sizes from newborn to toddler range
- Free from harsh chemicals, bleaches, and latex
- Wetness indicator so you can tell when it’s time for a change!
- Quilted ‘bubble’ layer for extra absorption, and a ‘double poo pocket’ for potential diaper ‘blow outs’
- Stretchy sides to move as much as your wriggly baby does!
- Lots of great bundle deals are available if you do find you get on well with these diapers- making them slightly more affordable if you buy in bulk
- Leak protection- It’s so hard to get a ‘cut and dried’ review of diapers, but unfortunately, a pretty common complaint of Honest Diapers is they do not offer a secure fit. They do have a big range of sizes, so potentially some customers don’t necessarily get the right size, but leaks are a big no-no for diapers and many purchasers agree that Honest Diapers sometimes don’t live up to the hype
- Skin irritation- You would think this is the last thing you’d have to worry about given the lack of excess chemicals, but some parents agree that their baby’s skin simply did not get on with the Honest Diapers
- Expensive- with the price being so high, customers expect more from the product and unfortunately, they don’t work for everyone
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of handy FAQs about Honest Diapers and useful information about the brand.
What Makes Honest Diapers So special?
They are made from plant-derived, sustainably harvested pulp, without chlorine and latex. This makes them better for the environment than traditional plastic diapers.
They also come in beautiful designs and are available in a huge range of sizes including pull-up pants and overnight diapers.
Why Is It Good That Honest Diapers Are Free From Chemicals?
As a conscious consumer and eco-minded parent, you might be looking for a disposable diaper that is less harmful to the planet, and it’s easy to see why.
Your typical disposable diaper is made with hundreds of chemicals to absorb smells, soften the material against your baby’s skin and they are also often bleached to make a pretty ‘white-colored’ diaper.
This is usually done with a chemical called dioxin which is a known carcinogen.
Disposable diapers also leach these chemicals straight into landfills after their singular use, and with multiple diapers being used per day, over a few years the waste does add up.
If you are using disposable diapers, yes you’ll still be contributing to a lot of waste but at least you can feel safe in the knowledge that it is not further leaching chemicals into the earth as well as filling up landfills, and you can feel secure knowing you are not exposing your baby to these chemicals from a young age.
Are Honest Diapers Good For The Environment?
Honestly? Disposable diapers are awful for the environment, there’s no getting around it.
BUT if you know that cloth diapers are not the way for you, then Honest diapers at least do not leach chemicals into the landfill when you dispose of them.
This does make them better for the environment than a traditional disposable diaper, especially when you use them en masse.
These diapers are adorable, there’s no getting around that.
They offer you a material that’s on the most part kind to baby’s skin but always be aware that some babies react differently to different textures, fits, and styles of nappies so there is never any 100 percent guarantee that your baby will get on with a particular diaper, no matter how hyped up they are.
This is also the case with leaking and though they are still a highly rated diaper, some parents say it’s not worth the benefits if the diapers can’t successfully contain a ‘blow-out’.
So again, as with any diaper perhaps don’t invest in a whole heap of these diapers without trying them out.
They have tonnes of great bundle deals available but it’s probably more prudent to purchase one small package to see whether or not they are the right fit for your little one and your lifestyle.